Description

Random thoughts on our impending doom and everyday life, courtesy of a Romance Writer who occasionally feels the need to talk like a Sailor.

Tuesday 20 March 2012


The Hump Day Happy List of Favourite Books

I haven’t written a book review since high school. Mess with you not. But now that I’ve decided to write one, I can’t for the life of me narrow down the selection. Therefore let me welcome you to the Hump Day Happy List of Favourite Books. I know, not the catchiest of titles but let’s persevere.

First up, Science Fiction.

Even if you don’t read science fiction. Even if you don’t like first person point of view... read ‘Gabriel’s Ghost’ by Linnea Sinclair. Fantastic world building and a fallen, bad-boy hero like no other. A lovely dose of sexual tension tucked away between the pages along with a great action story to keep you on the edge of your seat.


Second, the bad day book. Or rather, when you need a laugh.

Anything by Shelly Laurenston. Seriously laugh-out-loud-burst-something-inside-of-me-that-was-probably-important funny. In particular, give ‘Here Kitty, Kitty’ a go. The redneck jokes are mighty and the shifter men so lovely you might just want to relocate to the nearest holler.

Third, BDSM.

I’m breaking this title into two. First up is Cherise Sinclair. For her very human submissive heroines and her breath-taking doms. The Shadowlands Series. Any of it. Perfect.
 

Third, part two, BDSM.

My issue with BDSM is that I respect the subject sufficient to own up to the fact that I don’t quite understand it. I want to. I’m reading up on the how to. But still... That’s why I think Cherise Sinclair is awesome. She gets inside the heads of the submissive and the dom. What drives them. But if you really want to sink deep, deep, deep then try Joey W. Hill.

‘Natural Law’, the only female domme story that has appealed to me so far. And the hero. The submissive hero. Delicious. A great love story and an amazing journey carried with the assistance of assortment of interesting toys. Joey W. Hill gets deep into the psychology of submission and domination. She also happens to be one of the best writers around. Add her to your list.

Fourth, Suspense.

Anne Stuart. Anything. Anytime. But in particular ‘Ice Blue’.


Fifth and finally, Yee Haw! Cowboys.

I read cowboys as much as I read female dommes. Not a lot. But anything Lorelei James puts out goes to the top of the reading pile for me. ‘Cowgirl Up and Ride’ was a great virgin heroine tale with a bit of an age gap thrown in for good measure. Try ‘All Jacked Up’ for sexual tension that scorches the page.

Alright, that’ll do it from me. So do tell, what are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment